Who is this service for?
If you spent time in a children’s home or institution, were a ward of the state or placed in foster care before the end of 1989 the Find & Connect support service may be able to assist you.
About the Find & Connect Support Service
Find & Connect is a free and confidential support service provided by Relationships Australia Tasmania state-wide that can help you to:
- access personalised support and counselling;
- where possible, obtain your personal records, trace your history and understand why you were placed into care;
- connect with other services and support networks that may assist you at this time in your life;
- reconnect with family, where possible; and
- connect with other Forgotten Australians and Former Child Migrants through our drop-in centres and newsletter.
How do I make an appointment?
Contact the Tasmanian Find & Connect support service (Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm) by calling 1800 16 11 09 (free call).
If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment call 1800 555 677 and ask for 1800 16 11 09, or visit the Find & Connect Tasmania website.
1800 calls are free from most fixed lines however there may be a charge for calls from mobiles.
Find & Connect is a free and confidential support service provided by Relationships Australia Tasmania state-wide for Forgotten Australians, Care Leavers, Stolen Generation and Former Child Migrants.
Find & Connect is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services.