RA Tas is looking for a qualified provisional, general or clinical Psychologist who has the ability to provide short-term psychological interventions to individuals with mild to moderate mental health issues. You will use a range of therapeutic techniques to support people referred to our service, primarily by General Practitioners.
Successful applicant will have the following attributes
- Mental health professional or relevant tertiary qualifications and experience and willingness to obtain mental health accreditation. Including: psychologists (provisional, registered and clinical), mental health nurses, occupational therapists, social workers
- Demonstrated experience in providing mental health counselling, and working therapeutically with groups
- Knowledge and understanding of evidence-based counselling theory and practice and a demonstrated broad range of counselling skills in working with children (five to 12 years) and adults
- Ability to communicate and engage with clients therapeutically and to assist clients with a broad range of intellectual abilities, motivational levels, and health profiles, and from a range of socio-economic backgrounds
- Capacity to reflect on own practice, with supervisor, peers and self
- Ability to work independently within outreach settings and as part of a team and the ability to respond to direction and the capacity to be self-directed
- Ability to work within and positively advance the mission and values of Relationships Australia Tasmania
- Salary Packaging Benefits (up to $18,549p.a. tax-free)
- Additional Paid Leave.
- Private Health Insurance discount.
- Ongoing support and training to progress your career.
- Employee Assistance Service
To be considered for this role, please note your application should be forwarded to email@example.com. Applications MUST include a completed application form, a copy of your current resume and cover letter.
RA Tas is a recognised Employer of Choice. We are an equal opportunity employer that has a culture enabling staff to achieve a healthy work-life balance. We offer flexible working arrangements, attractive salary packaging options and a supportive team environment in which to work.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.