Relationships Australia Tasmania (RA Tas) is looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic Counsellor for our Early Intervention team based in Launceston. The successful applicant will be providing high-quality counselling services to Aborigines in Tasmania to support positive and respectful relationships.
The services provided by this team are primarily focussed on working with individuals, children and families in response to any type of relationship or life issue and to improve their mental health and/or personal health & wellbeing. The position of Aboriginal Counsellor / Case Manager is pivotal to the objectives of Relationships Australia Tasmania (RA Tas) to deliver a culturally sensitive counselling and development service within a collaborative framework. As a counsellor for RA Tas, you will be expected to acknowledge and accept the right of the Aboriginal community to determine their own health needs and assist in meeting those needs.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to counselling
- Experience in providing counselling services, case management and support services.
- Skills in case management, both trauma-informed and general counselling, and the ability to work with clients who have suffered abuse, personal and relationship trauma
- The ability to engage with clients therapeutically with a broad range of intellectual abilities, motivational levels, health profiles, and socio-economic backgrounds
- Knowledge, understanding and appreciation of Aboriginal issues and/or community, or the ability to rapidly acquire this
- A commitment to providing outreach services with Aboriginal organisations in the north and north-west of Tasmania.
- Current Drivers Licence
What you need to do now:
If this role sounds like one you are eager to pursue, please review the position description.
If you have any questions, please contact Darisha Mcknight – Manager, Support and Case Management (North / North West) at email@example.com or on 1300 364 277 for a confidential conversation about the opportunity.
To be considered for this role, please note your application should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications MUST include a completed application form, a brief statement against each of the selection criteria, and a copy of your current resume. Please refer to the position description for the selection criteria.
Applications close 5:00 PM Sunday 7 November 2021.
RA Tas is a recognised Employer of Choice. We are an equal opportunity employer that has a culture enabling staff to achieve a healthy work-life balance. We offer flexible working arrangements, attractive salary packaging options and a supportive team environment in which to work.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians are encouraged to apply.