Job Type: Part time
Position Location: Hobart
Closing Date: 14/03/2021
About Stay ChatTY
Working in partnership with Relationships Australia Tasmania, Stay ChatTY provides educational programs in schools, sporting clubs and workplaces across Tasmania, to help promote positive mental health and prevent suicide by reducing stigma and encouraging people to seek help. Stay ChatTY’ s educational presentations deliver key messages on where to find help and support, listening to those who need it, and how we can all help each other out in tough times.
About the Role
Stay ChatTY is looking for a part-time Project Officer (Youth/Junior) in the Hobart to support the SPEAK UP! Stay ChatTY Founder and Program Leader in organising community events and fundraisers, presentations to groups, workplaces, sporting clubs and schools to help promote the SUSC messages to youth and young people. The key responsibilities of this role are to assist with the development of the Junior Sports Program, deliver the Junior Sports Program to junior sporting clubs across Tasmania and liaise with sports clubs to promote the program and schedule sessions.
- Sound understanding of suicide prevention and the Tasmanian Suicide Prevention strategy or the ability to acquire this knowledge
- Understanding of and sensitivity to the needs of families and communities affected by suicide
- Experience in program development and implementation, particularly working with students, parents and school staff
- High level community development, communication, community engagement, consultation, and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to present to a wide variety of audiences for different purposes in an engaging and motivating way
- Family Dispute Resolution training
- Salary Package Benefits (up to $15,899 p.a. tax-free)
- Additional Leave.
- Private Health Insurance discount.
- Ongoing support and training to progress your career.
- Employee Assistance Service
RA Tas is a recognised Employer of Choice. We are an equal opportunity employer that has a culture enabling staff to achieve a healthy work-life balance. We offer flexible working arrangements, attractive salary packaging options and a supportive team environment in which to work.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians are encouraged to apply.
Please refer to the attached position description for the selection criteria. To be considered for this role, please note your application should be forwarded to email@example.com. Applications MUST include a completed application form, a brief statement against each of the selection criteria, and a copy of your current resume.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, read the Position Description and contact Mitch McPherson, SPEAK UP! Stay ChatTY, on 1300 364 277 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Address for submitting applications
To apply, please provide your resume, a cover letter and information on your experience in relation to the selection criteria for the role. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com (please include position title in the e-mail subject and mark your application ‘Private and Confidential’).