Job Type: Full time fixed term
Position Location: New Town – 20 Clare Street
Closing Date: 15/03/2021
RA Tas is looking for a qualified, dedicated and experienced Practitioner within our Family and Community Services team in Hobart. The primary purpose of the position is to work alongside clients who access the Parenting Separately (POP) service, with the aim of identifying and developing useful strategies to deal with challenges relating to co-parenting situations and to improve communication between parents to best support children’s needs.
Successful applicant will have the following attributes
- Demonstrated experience and Degree qualifications in one or more of the following areas: social sciences, psychology, social work, family law, family dispute resolution or education
- Demonstrated understanding of child development and the impact of family separation on children, and experience in working to uphold the best interests of children
- Demonstrated experience working with cases involving high conflict, involuntary clients and/or families following separation
- Demonstrated capacity to engage and deliver psycho-educational programs to clients
- Proven ability to asses and respond to risk including issues relating to child protection, mandatory reporting, suicide intervention and family violence
- Capacity to reflect on own practice, with supervisor, peers and self.
- Ability to work within and positively advance the mission and values of Relationships Australia Tasmania
RA Tas is a recognised Employer of Choice. We are an equal opportunity employer that has a culture enabling staff to achieve a healthy work-life balance. We offer flexible working arrangements, attractive salary packaging options and a supportive team environment in which to work.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians are encouraged to apply.
Please refer to the attached position description for the selection criteria. To be considered for this role, please note your application should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications MUST include a completed application form, a brief statement against each of the selection criteria, and a copy of your current resume.
Address for submitting applications