We are looking for a client focused, enthusiastic and qualified female counsellor for our Men Engaging New Strategies (MENS) program. The primary purpose of this position is to provide counselling, education and case management in the MENS program. This program is delivered by a team of skilled counsellors who help men to change their behaviour with the aim of creating safe environments and communities for women and children. An exemption to recruit a female counsellor has been granted by the Anti-Discrimination Commissioner (ref 20/07/051)
Do you fit the bill?
- Are you experienced in the field of family violence?
- Do you have experience working within groups?
- Do you have experience in psychoeducation and training, trauma informed counselling and general counselling?
- Are you confident working with clients and families who have perpetrated and suffered abuse, personal and relationship trauma?
- Are you confident communicating and engaging with clients therapeutically and assisting clients with a broad range of intellectual abilities, motivational levels, and health profiles from a range of socio-economic backgrounds?
- Salary Package Benefits (up to $18,549 p.a. tax-free)
- Additional Leave
- Private Health Insurance discount
- Ongoing support and training to progress your career
- Employee Assistance Service
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, read the Position Description and contact Darisha McKnight, Manager – Support and Case Management N/NW, on 1300 364 277 or email@example.com.
To be considered for this role, please note your application should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications MUST include a completed application form, a copy of your current resume and cover letter.
RA Tas is a recognised Employer of Choice. We are an equal opportunity employer that has a culture enabling staff to achieve a healthy work-life balance. We offer flexible working arrangements, attractive salary packaging options and a supportive team environment in which to work.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians are encouraged to apply.