RA Tas is looking for a Community Development Officer join our team and focus on promotion for, and accessibility of, the Counselling and Support Services for People Affected by the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of people with Disability across Tasmania. The Community Development Officer will be responsible for building on existing stakeholder relationships and creating new effective relationships to increase both community knowledge of the program and referral pathways. The position will require intra-state travel and involve a high level of outreach.
Successful applicant will have the following attributes
- Demonstrated understanding of using a trauma informed approach to improve outcomes for clients with complex needs, or ability to acquire this understanding
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively negotiate and liaise with a broad cross section of internal and external stakeholders
- Well-developed written communication skills with the ability to write project plans and other documentation to support the promotion of the program
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to plan, work and manage time to meet project outcomes and deadlines
- Total salary package starting from $90,000 + (Inc Super *pro-rata)
- Uncapped Ongoing Professional Development
- Industry best practice Supervision to support you in your professional journey
- Salary packing options (up to $15,900 TAX FREE each FB year)
- Interstate relocation assistance opportunities
- Additional PAID leave days (up to 5 per year *pro-rata)
- Uncapped external Employee Assistance Services
What you need to do now:
If this role sounds like one you are eager to pursue, please review the position description.
If you have any questions, please contact Amelia Hastings – Manager, Support and Case Management (South) at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 1300 364 277 for a confidential conversation about the opportunity.
To be considered for this role, please note your application should be forwarded to email@example.com. Applications MUST include a completed application form, a brief statement against each of the selection criteria, and a copy of your current resume. Please refer to the position description for the selection criteria.
Applications close 5:00 PM Sunday 21 November 2021.
RA Tas is a recognised Employer of Choice. We are an equal opportunity employer that has a culture enabling staff to achieve a healthy work-life balance. We offer flexible working arrangements, attractive salary packaging options and a supportive team environment in which to work.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians are encouraged to apply.