Job Type: Part time/ Full time
Position Location: Hobart
Closing Date: 02/05/2021
RA Tas is looking for a qualified provisional, general or clinical Psychologist who has the ability to provide short-term psychological interventions to individuals with mild to moderate mental health issues. You will use a range of therapeutic techniques to support people referred to our service, primarily by General Practitioners.
Successful applicant will have the following attributes
- Mental health professional or relevant tertiary qualifications and experience and willingness to obtain mental health accreditation. Including: psychologists (provisional, registered and clinical), mental health nurses, occupational therapists, social workers
- Demonstrated experience in providing mental health counselling, and working therapeutically with groups
- Knowledge and understanding of evidence-based counselling theory and practice and a demonstrated broad range of counselling skills in working with children (five to 12 years) and adults
- Ability to communicate and engage with clients therapeutically and to assist clients with a broad range of intellectual abilities, motivational levels, and health profiles, and from a range of socio-economic backgrounds
- Capacity to reflect on own practice, with supervisor, peers and self
- Ability to work independently within outreach settings and as part of a team and the ability to respond to direction and the capacity to be self-directed
- Ability to work within and positively advance the mission and values of Relationships Australia Tasmania
RA Tas is a recognised Employer of Choice. We are an equal opportunity employer that has a culture enabling staff to achieve a healthy work-life balance. We offer flexible working arrangements, attractive salary packaging options and a supportive team environment in which to work.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians are encouraged to apply.
Please refer to the attached position description for the selection criteria. To be considered for this role, please note your application should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications MUST include a completed application form, a brief statement against each of the selection criteria, and a copy of your current resume.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, read the Position Description and contact Amelia Hastings, Manager – Support and Case Management (South), on 1300 364 277 or email@example.com .
Address for submitting applications
To apply, please provide your application form, resume, a cover letter and information on your experience in relation to the selection criteria for the role. Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include position title in the e-mail subject and mark your application ‘Private and Confidential’).