RA Tas is looking for a Senior Practitioner to join our Short Term Psychological Intervention Program. STPI Senior Practitioner will provide therapeutic interventions to RA Tas clients, with a specific emphasis on individuals with mental health issues, and contributes to high standards of professional practice within the team in the form of supervision. The position is based primarily in our Hobart office; however some outreach services will be required.
Successful applicant will have the following attributes
- Degree in Psychology or equivalent qualifications that are recognised to deliver mental health counselling in accordance with STPI requirements
- Demonstrated experience in providing therapeutic interventions, and in supervision of practice in counselling and case management settings
- Knowledge and understanding of counselling theory and practice, specific to supporting those with mental health issues
- A demonstrated broad range of skills, including the ability to evaluate and reflect on intended outcomes of therapeutic intervention, and the knowledge and capacity to assess and manage complex cases involving ethical dilemmas and duty of care matters, risk assessment, child protection and FV issues
- Ability to communicate and engage with clients therapeutically and to assist clients with a broad range of intellectual abilities, motivational levels, and health profiles, and from a range of socio-economic backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and provide leadership, mentoring and support to team members
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, read the Position Description and contact Amelia Hastings, Manager – Support and Case Management (South), on 1300 364 277 or firstname.lastname@example.org .Selection Criteria
Please refer to the attached position description for the selection criteria. To be considered for this role, please note your application should be forwarded to email@example.com. Applications MUST include a completed application form, a brief statement against each of the selection criteria, and a copy of your current resume.
RA Tas is a recognised Employer of Choice. We are an equal opportunity employer that has a culture enabling staff to achieve a healthy work-life balance. We offer flexible working arrangements, attractive salary packaging options and a supportive team environment in which to work.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians are encouraged to apply.