RA Tas is looking for a qualified, dedicated and experienced Practitioner within our Early Intervention Services team in Launceston. The primary purpose of the position is to provide therapeutic casework, group work and community capacity building to young people, their families and support networks, specifically, providing services to young people through the Reconnect Program. Services are primarily focused on working with individuals, children and families in response to any type of relationship or life issue and to improve their mental health and/or personal health & wellbeing.
Successful applicant will have the following attributes
- Degree qualification(s) and relevant experience working in one or more of the following areas: social sciences, Social Work, Psychology or education.
- Demonstrated experience in providing positive and appropriate therapeutic supports and building relationships to support young people and their parents in centre based and outreach settings.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues relevant to the provision of therapeutic supports to young people and their families with a view to responding to the risk of youth homelessness, disengagement from education, alcohol misuse, other drugs or cultural disconnection
- Ability to communicate and engage with clients therapeutically and to assist clients with a broad range of intellectual abilities, motivational levels, and health profiles, and from a range of socio-economic backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to proactively build relationships with key stakeholders and enhance community capacity
- Demonstrated capacity to reflect on practice, to analyse and review program activities and provide verbal and written reports
- Ability to work within and positively advance the mission and values of Relationships Australia Tasmania
What you need to do now:
If this role sounds like one you are eager to pursue, please review the position description.
If you have any questions, please contact Darisha Mcknight – Manager, Support and Case Management (North / North West) at email@example.com or on 1300 364 277 for a confidential conversation about the opportunity.
To be considered for this role, please note your application should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications MUST include a completed application form, a brief statement against each of the selection criteria, and a copy of your current resume. Please refer to the position description for the selection criteria.
Applications close 5:00 PM Sunday 7 November 2021.
RA Tas is a recognised Employer of Choice. We are an equal opportunity employer that has a culture enabling staff to achieve a healthy work-life balance. We offer flexible working arrangements, attractive salary packaging options and a supportive team environment in which to work.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians are encouraged to apply.