RA Tas is currently looking for enthusiastic, positive, and experienced Gamblers Help Community Educator to join our team and help us to enhance the lives of communities, families and individuals by supporting positive and respectful relationships. This position within the Gamblers Help Program facilitates delivery of community education, capacity building and engagement opportunities to the greater Launceston area, focusing on addressing the underlying causes of gambling.
The successful candidate will have
- An appropriate degree or diploma qualification and/or an equivalent combination of relevant experience, education and training?
- Demonstrated understanding of community development practice principles
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively negotiate and liaise with a broad cross section of internal and external stakeholders
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop and deliver promotional materials to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Family Dispute Resolution training
- Salary Package Benefits (up to $15,899 p.a. tax-free)
- Additional Leave.
- Private Health Insurance discount.
- Ongoing support and training to progress your career.
- Employee Assistance Service
RA Tas is a recognised Employer of Choice. We are an equal opportunity employer that has a culture enabling staff to achieve a healthy work-life balance. We offer flexible working arrangements, attractive salary packaging options and a supportive team environment in which to work.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians are encouraged to apply.
Please refer to the position description for the selection criteria. To be considered for this role, please note your application should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications MUST include a completed application form, a brief statement against each of the selection criteria, and a copy of your current resume.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, read the Position Description and contact Darisha McKnight, Manager-Support & Case Management (N/NW), on 1300 364 277 or DarishaM@reltas.com.au.
Address for submitting applications
To apply, please provide your resume, a cover letter and information on your experience in relation to the selection criteria for the role. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com (please include position title in the e-mail subject and mark your application ‘Private and Confidential’).