RA Tas is looking for an enthusiastic, positive and experienced person to fill the role of Suicide Prevention Project Officer in our Mental Health Services team. The roles will be responsible for supporting the Tasmanian Suicide Prevention Community Network (TSPCN), develop resources to assist the community and service providers to refer people to the most appropriate service for their needs, and assist to develop and implement Community Action Plans.
The successful applicant will have the following attributes
- Tertiary qualifications (or equivalent) in Community Development, Social Research or a related field and/or an equivalent combination of relevant experience, education and training.
- Considerable experience in community development, community sector management, and/or social policy and research.
- Sound understanding of the National and Tasmanian Suicide Prevention strategies or the ability to acquire this knowledge.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to the needs of families and communities affected by suicide.
- High level community development, communication, community engagement consultation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to implement projects and initiatives within available resources and timeframes.
- Ability to lead, convene and support meetings, working groups and forums.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work within and positively advance the mission and values of Relationships Australia Tasmania.
RA Tas is a recognised Employer of Choice. We are an equal opportunity employer that has a culture enabling staff to achieve a healthy work-life balance. We offer flexible working arrangements, attractive salary packaging options and a supportive team environment in which to work.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians are encouraged to apply.
Please refer to the attached position description for the selection criteria. To be considered for this role, please note your application should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications MUST include a completed application form, a brief statement against each of the selection criteria, and a copy of your current resume.